The following Report is from Jon Green, Chairman Welwyn Parish Plan Action Group
WELWYN PARISH PLAN – PROGRESS REPORT
Over the 4 years the Plan has been in existence a range of initiatives have been launched, some large some small.
To give some examples, the Parish Plan Action Group has:
- started and progressed the village centre traffic safety project in liaison with the Highways Agency and the Parish Council (remember the debate about a mini-roundabout?)
- launched the Community Café in partnership with the St.Mary’s Church P.C.C.
- published a free Guide leaflet of useful information and contacts
- planted and continue to plant bulbs to beautify the road verges
- organised four Art and Craft Fairs in 2012, with more planned for 2013
- organised several series of computer classes with the help of professional tutors
- issued a transport information leaflet
- persuaded the bus companies to include Queensway on the 314 route and to agree an additional Green Line stop
- put up a community noticeboard at the entrance to the post office.
So you can see – the Welwyn Parish Plan Action Group has been quite busy since we started.
Our most far reaching involvement is about to become more visible with the emergence of Welwyn Hatfield Council’s Strategic Plan. As most people are aware the Council have recently published their proposals for housing development forward to 2029.
The Parish Plan Action Group has been deeply involved, in partnership with the Parish Council and Welwyn Planning and Amenity Group. Our objective is to lobby the Borough Council for the most advantageous outcome for Welwyn parish, including Oaklands/ Mardley Heath and Digswell.
Future Planned Activities
Looking forward into the New Year we hope to launch a school holiday scheme in conjunction with the Borough Council to keep children occupied. This would be run by trained youth leaders.
New Ideas Wanted
The Parish Plan Action Group is managing a LIVING Parish Plan.
To help it breath we do need a constant flow of new ideas.
Please contact Jon Green at ku.gr1561069237o.gap1561069237w@nal1561069237phsir1561069237ap1561069237 with your thoughts and suggestions.